Pages

Labels

Saturday 21 July 2012

A web gallery...

The last project for this course before the final assignment is to imagine the idea of a personal web gallery.

I am going to attempt to make my own web galley and have a few issues that I will be exploring first. Having looked through some photographers sites online, I get a very contemporary feel from them. They tend to have a script based or simple block font to keep it more personal. They keep to simple tones, usually black or grey, possibly to add a suitable background mount to emphasize the images. Also, they tend to keep font size small on menus and keep the design simple with a multi image screen with a 'click image' which will then display a larger image.

Some that I have come across that I like are:

Roberto L'Abbate
 This is a lovely example of focusing on the images. The website is a simple layout with the logo in the top corner and a gallery along the bottom showing all images. When an image is clicked, the screen fills with that image but had pointers on either side to move through the gallery in larger images or there is a link at the bottom to bring up the smaller gallery again.

Ten18 Photography
Another simple website. Logo in the top corner, nice grey mount background with the menu as a small gallery in itself.

Sarah Silver
Again, a very simple and classy website. Keeping a nice basic mounting background with script font for personalisation and a good size image gallery which you can scan through on the homepage or click one of the menus listed.

As a photographer in general, this is the type of web gallery I would like to produce. When I copyright my general photography images, I always tend to use a script based font but when then for my gig photography, I use a more edgy font. This is an issue that I need to address as mixing fonts on one gallery will look messy and unorganized. The purpose of the gallery is to show my best images in one place and therefore, I should use a basic block font. I also want to keep to the basic grey background colouring as a mount for my images.
I want to focus on the images most, so I want to keep the images at a considerable size, taking up a good third of the screen and any menus or writing to be kept minimal and as small as possible. Also, any links need to be easy to use to make using the site as easy as possible.

Here is the link to my web gallery : AlCallow Photography web gallery



No comments:

Post a Comment